Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/16 23:26:12 UTC

property/parameter transmission T-4.1.3

Folks,

I am operating a page that contains a component.

Can you confirm my logic?

Pages have properties (so I used @Persist)
Components have parameters (so I used @Parameter)

Now the interaction/synchronization/update of these properties is performed automatically... right?

This is what I got...

MyPage.java
@Persist
@InitialValue("ognl:2")
public abstract int getTableSize();
public abstract void setTableSize(int tableSize);

MyComponent.java
@Parameter(required = false, cache = true, defaultValue="ognl:2")

public abstract int getTableSize();
public abstract void setTableSize(int tableSize);

The binding is specified on the html too
tableSize="ognl:tableSize"

These properties/parameters do not persist and get wiped out on refresh or post.

???

Can someone elaborate on whats going on internally?

How could I debug this to see that the page is getting it's values persisted... or whether these persisted values are even making it into the component and updated bidirectionally from/to the page/component during edits.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards Ken in nashua
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008