Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/20 18:36:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M9

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M9 Qpid ProtonJ2
release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M9-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352228

Regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>staging</id>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247</url>
     </repository>
   </repositories>

The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
   </dependency>

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M9

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 8:44 PM Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M9 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352228
>
> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247
> </url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>    </dependency>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>    </dependency>
>
> --
> Tim Bish

+1

- used the staged maven repo to build cli-java [1] and run its tests

[1] https://github.com/rh-messaging/cli-java
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M9

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 19:36, Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M9 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352228
>
> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>    </dependency>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>    </dependency>
>
> --
> Tim Bish

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files in the archives.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests on JDK 11.
- Ran HelloWorld example against ActiveMQ Artemis 2.25.0 using the
staged client bits on JDK 11.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M9

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/22 14:36, Timothy Bish wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M9 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352228
>

> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247</url>
>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then
> be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Verified license headers in source with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Ran all the included examples against an ActiveMQ Artemis broker install

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/22 14:36, Timothy Bish wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M9 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352228
>

> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1247</url>
>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then
> be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M9</version>
>   </dependency>

Bumping this as the vote still needs one more person to sign off on it.

--
Tim Bish