Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com> on 2012/02/27 18:53:21 UTC

Is there any documentation on how the online database backup works?

As expected, the using the online backup slows the insertion rate of rows into some tables in my system in production.    So I want to take a look at how the online backup is done and see if there can be any room for improvement.   I can poke around and try to figure it out, but I was wondering if there is any architectural or design documents on this that might help.

Thanks.

Brett