Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Brooks <ja...@eroi.com> on 2017/10/31 06:06:08 UTC

[users@httpd] mdns and/or dns-sd for virtual servers

Hello,

I would like to have an internal apache server that when I build a virtualhost, apache, or the host os can send out mdns (or DNS-SD) advertisements.

Thus, an internal site deployment can automagically notifiy all hosts in the LAN of its new presence.

I see references to mod_domain, and mod_dnssd, but both of them seem to be in alpha or early beta status.  is this still the case?  is there a recommended method of sending out service discovery messages?

Thank you for your time...

—jason

Jason Brooks	Systems Administrator
eROI	Performance is Art.