Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Gutierrez <je...@mapua.org> on 2001/09/27 15:46:35 UTC

Local, and global forwards

Hey guys,

'Just have a few quick questions.

1. Are local forwards only available at Action context?
2. Which getForward() method of which class should be used in getting
local forwards?  ActionServlet, and ActionMapping both have
getFoward() methods.

Note: I haven't written any Struts code.  I'm currently reading the Users
guide.

Thanks,

jeff --

--
Jeff Gutierrez
Mapua Online!

Pinoy Ako! May reklamo?

Re: Local, and global forwards

Posted by Jeff Gutierrez <je...@mapua.org>.
Hi Damien,

#> 1. Are local forwards only available at Action context?
#
#dont really understand what you mean by context here.
#

What I meant was, are all local forwards available only within an
Action.

Thanks,

jeff --

Posted by Damien Bastin <da...@chimeratec.com>.
> 1. Are local forwards only available at Action context?

dont really understand what you mean by context here.

> 2. Which getForward() method of which class should be used in getting
> local forwards?  ActionServlet, and ActionMapping both have
> getFoward() methods.

I have not been doing struts for that long but I have not seen any code that
uses the ActionServlet.getForward() code. To determine my forwarding, I
always use the ActionMapping collection of forwards that you get from the
struts-config.xml

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Action.perform() is passed a mapping object by the controller. The
methods on that object will return the local forwards for the particular
mapping first, and then look to the global methods. An Action can have a
different set of local forwards depending on which mapping is used to
call it.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/