Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fabio Daitx <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/01 23:06:17 UTC

Apache Windows Installer doesn't work

I am trying to install apache-tomcat-5.5.23.exe or
apache-tomcat-6.0.10.exeand it just blocks in the installation step:
"Using Jvm: C:\Arquivos de
programas\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\client\jvm.dll"
What can I do?

Re: Apache Windows Installer doesn't work

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabio,

On 5/1/07, Fabio Daitx <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install apache-tomcat-5.5.23.exe or
> apache-tomcat-6.0.10.exe and it just blocks in the installation step:

In case you already know there's also a ZIP installation available.

With the ZIP installer, there's no possibility of freezing, because
you would simply
unzip it to a particular directory, then set JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME
system environment variables.

> "Using Jvm: C:\Arquivos de
> programas\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\client\jvm.dll"
> What can I do?

-Regards
Rashmi