Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/11/17 18:03:42 UTC

"Offline" CC transactions

It's going to take me some time to get to the point where I can get
OFBiz to talk directly to Australian CC companies for authorisation, so...

How do I configure/use OFBiz in the following scenario:

1. Customer buys item(s) in store and wants to pay with CC
2. I process the CC transaction on the (independent CC terminal provided
by my CC company - old school, I know :-)
3. I tell the POS application that the customer paid by CC

If I'm not doing any credit card processing with OFBiz (at this stage)
can I configure it to not bother with card details, yet still update the
GL accounts to track credit card sales (and refunds). Maybe this is not
practical?

If this is not an option, then I think I need to run out and buy an MSR,
'cause my staff will revolt if they've gotta type in credit card numbers
and expiry dates just to complete a POS sale.

I had a look at the manual CC tx service but I'm not sure that is the
one I should be using - can someone advise?

Help appreciated.

Cheers, Iain

Re: "Offline" CC transactions

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
I think I fixed it. I protected the extraction of the
paymentMethodTypeId with a test for null (line 1554  in
PaymentGatewayServices.java). I'll test a bit more to see if this breaks
anything (it shouldn't), but I'm still concerned that I needed to do
this at all.

One logical conclusion is that I'm the first person to ever want to
process my credit cards externally in a POS environment, and I'm
struggling with that idea. The other possible conclusion (see below) is
that I've screwed up my config somewhere else, and I'd love someone to
tell me what I did wrong...

Cheers, Iain

Re: "Offline" CC transactions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Iain,

Can you provide a patch for this please or is it only this fix

>I think I fixed it. I protected the extraction of the
>paymentMethodTypeId with a test for null (line 1554  in
>PaymentGatewayServices.java). I'll test a bit more to see if this breaks
>anything (it shouldn't), but I'm still concerned that I needed to do
>this at all.

to be applied  ?

Thanks

Jacques