Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Stefan at WPF <st...@googlemail.com> on 2012/08/15 12:20:34 UTC

[email] Version 1.3 in SVN?

Hello,

I think I have read that 1.3 is already finished, just not yet released,
because it didn't pass the voting.

1) Anyone knows why it did not pass the voting? What's the problem with
1.3?
2) How can I find 1.3 on the SVN?

Thanks :-)

Best regards
Stefan

Re: [email] Version 1.3 in SVN?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Stefan,

the error message indicates that the SMTP server is not responding on
the port

Only the methods are deprecated and not the functionality ... :-) ...
for an explaination please see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-105

So the methods would be

* setSSLOnConnect - Sets whether SSL/TLS encryption should be enabled
for the SMTP transport upon connection (SMTPS/POPS)
* setStartTLSRequired - Set or disable the required STARTTLS encryption

in both cases you wold use a secured connection for sending emails

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: [email] Version 1.3 in SVN?

Posted by Stefan at WPF <st...@googlemail.com>.