Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Richard Beton <ri...@roke.co.uk> on 2002/06/11 13:41:41 UTC

1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task

  I've been using the FTP task with Ant 1.4 and latterly Ant 1.5b1 to
upload my website. It's a useful tool, uploading only the changes,
although it's rather slow.

I got Ant1.5b2 and then the FTP task stopped working. It failed when it
came to a directory that already exists, because it couldn't create the
directory (humph!). Here's an excerpt from by buildfile:

  <target name="ftp-sync-txt"
          description="=== Synchronise Website Text Files ===">

    <ftp server="${ftp.server}"
         userid="${username}"
         password="${password}"
         depends="yes"
         binary="no"
         verbose="no"
         passive="yes"
         remotedir="${rem.fs.dir}/users/${username}/whr/${root.dir}">
       <fileset dir="${root.dir}">
         <patternset refid="text.files"/>
       </fileset>
    </ftp>
    <sound>
      <success source="${good.wav}" />
      <fail    source="${bad.wav}" />
    </sound>
  </target>

Is this a new bug in Ant1.5b2?
Rick

Re: 1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
>   I've been using the FTP task with Ant 1.4 and latterly Ant 1.5b1 to
> upload my website. It's a useful tool, uploading only the changes,
> although it's rather slow.
>
> I got Ant1.5b2 and then the FTP task stopped working. It failed when it
> came to a directory that already exists, because it couldn't create the
> directory (humph!). Here's an excerpt from by buildfile:

we did make changes to this task, but they were meant to be fixes.

what happens when you set ignorenoncriticalerrors=true ?

Re: 1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by ajack <aj...@openbiz.biz>.
	I got Ant1.5b2 and then the FTP task stopped working. It failed when it
	came to a directory that already exists, because it couldn't create the
	directory (humph!). Here's an excerpt from by buildfile:

I am new-ish to Ant, and happened to be using FTP for the first time with
Ant1.5b2. As such I don't know if this is bug or intentional.

Anyways I was forced to put this to get past the problem:

	      ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"

Here is what I had to do:

                        <taskdef name="ftp"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP"/>

                        <ftp    server="xxxx"
                                remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                  action="mkdir"
                                        ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"
                                        />
                        <ftp    server="xxxxx"

remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}/${openbiz.version.string}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                        action="mkdir"
                                        ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"
                                        />
                        <ftp    server="xxxxxx"

remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}/${openbiz.version.string}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                binary="yes"

                        <fileset dir="${dist}/${openbiz.part}"/>
                        </ftp>

It seemed a bit clunky, but it worked.

regards

Adam