Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Lendle <le...@iis.sinica.edu.tw> on 2005/12/15 06:01:07 UTC

Authentication issues not handled

For example, when using scomp to get schemas from a URL, it is possible
that the URL is password protected via BASIC or DIGEST http authentication
method. It seems like the xmlbean does not handle this.
We know that in simple case we can just use Authenticator.setDefault(...)
to overcome the problem, however, if the URL requires authentication over
SSL, there seems no good way to handle except modify xmlbeans' source code.
Moreover, if the given URL uses protocols like SMB to access windows
network neighborhood,
it just much harder to deal with it without modifying the xmlbeans'
source code.