Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/18 08:03:03 UTC

[Report] Lucene.Net

Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C# and targeted at .NET runtime users.
== Summary ==
We continue to yo-yo in community involvement. Our report dated 6/10, we saw asignificant up tick, but that faded as we got very close to a 4.8.0 release.Some of us have all the tests passing and some don't so we are close in theLucene.Net.Core project. The status of the associated libraries are very behind - next up is theAnalysis code.
No progress was made on a website refresh (that we wanted to launch with4.8.0)
We are struggling to pull it over the line. We had a number of core committerscheck who said they should be freeing up to help this quarter (now only 2months left)
Pushing on 4.8.0.- Approximately 7 commits in the last quarter to move our port along(resolving tests)- Currently we have ~5 failed failing tests to fix (down from ~80 last report.Also depends on environment still, we are trying to tighten that up)- Some additional libraries that help users make the most of Lucene.Net (Analysis, Suggest, Highlighters, QueryParser, Codecs and a few others)
== Releases == Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012 Working toward 4.8.0
== Statistics == Last PMC Member Added, Paul Irwin, October 2013 Two committers added Jan '15 -Laimonas, Feb '15 - Wyatt
Nuget package downloads: Lucene.Net 3.0.3: 195111 (up from 160246) Lucene.Net.Contrib 3.0.3: 52823 (up from 41550) Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial: 7349 (up from 6123) Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial.NTS: 1426 (up from 1239)