Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Boris Chmiel <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/08/26 11:19:10 UTC

SQuirrel Quote Qualifiers

Hi Driller
I struggle configuring SQuirrel with Drill :Drill need the backtick quote qualifier (`) to run proper queries. The documentation mentions it as a configuration step for JReport :https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-jreport-with-drill/

As far as I know, SQuirrel use the JDBC embedded (or a default) value for quote qualifiers ("). As a result, pre-built queries of the GUI are faulty built for Drill. In example when I click on the content Tab of a View, the resulting query in Drill is :select tbl.field1 from "DRILL"."dfs.tmp"."My_view" tblinstead of :select tbl.field1 from dfs.tmp.My_view tbl

When I look on 'Info" tab for My_View within SQuirrel, I can see :qualifiedName:  "DRILL"."dfs.tmp"."My_view"schemaName: dfs.tmpsimpleName : My_view
Does anybody knows how to configure SQuirrel in order to implement the right SQL syntax, allowing to use GUI functionnalities ?
ThxBoris

Re: SQuirrel Quote Qualifiers

Posted by Boris Chmiel <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Nice !

     Le Jeudi 27 août 2015 19h26, Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com> a écrit :

 The patch for DRILL-3153 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3153) just got merged yesterday, so tools that use getIdentifierQuoteString()'s result to create delimited identifiers should stop seeing quoting errors once 1.2 is out.

(There's also an open JIRA report (DRILL 3510) for changing Drill to be able to accept standard delimited identifiers (with double-quote characters).)

Daniel

--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies