Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by dedisoft <si...@dedisoft.com> on 2008/02/07 15:46:28 UTC

SpamAssassin with Ubuntu and Windows

Dear all,

I've a Ubuntu 7.1 server edition with SpamAssassin 3.2.4 daemon.

I want to use the spamc command to check for spam from my Windows mail
server.

When I try to test it, spamc tell me that he can't connect to the ubuntu
server.

How can I do this ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: SpamAssassin with Ubuntu and Windows

Posted by Rubin Bennett <rb...@thatitguy.com>.
You have to tell spamd to listen to the IP address of the Ethernet port
on your linux box an not just on the loopback address:

netstat -lpn | grep 783
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:783               0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      15865/spamd -q -x -

I believe it's the -i flag that tells spamd to listen on your ethernet
adapter's address.

Rubin

--
Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies

temporary security deserve neither liberty nor safety"
  --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759