Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Rodrigo Jardim <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/21 17:07:27 UTC

Jena and Pellet

I was using Pellet Reasoner with Jena, but I updated jena libraries with
the last version (jena2.7.4, arq2.9.4, tdb0.9.4)  and when I execute
ARQTerpParser.registerFactory()
appear a message:
java.lang.VerifyError: class
com.clarkparsia.sparqlowl.parser.arq.ARQTerpParser overrides final
method
parse.(Lcom/hp/hpl/jena/query/Query;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/hp/hpl/jena/query/Query;

--
Rodrigo

Re: Jena and Pellet

Posted by Al Baker <aj...@gmail.com>.
HI Rodrigo,

Pellet was recently migrated to Github, and includes updated compatibility
for the latest Jena libraries.  At some point, we'll likely have this
pushed up to Maven central.  It is true that most of the major investments
are going into Stardog, a triple store with built in reasoning (ie the next
generation of Pellet and where we'll implement the latest W3C specs).
Nevertheless, Pellet as a stand alone is still available as open source and
commercial, and we welcome both :)

Pellet on Github:
https://github.com/clarkparsia/pellet

Stardog reasoning support: http://stardog.com/docs/owl2/

Note that Stardog also supports the latest Jena/ARQ, and we've also added
support for all the SPARQL extensions in ARQ that didn't make their way
into SPARQL 1.1.

Best Regards,
Al Baker

Re: Jena and Pellet