Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by optioo <kc...@elp.rr.com> on 2002/11/06 12:41:40 UTC

Re: Axis set up woes

Darrell Gamble wrote:

> Can anyone help me get set up and going with Axis.  Nothing is
> working.  I've read all everything on the site, books examples,
> set environment variables, classpaths up the waazzooo and still to no
> avail.  I can't get Axis' utilities to do anything at all.  The no
> class def found error is invading my sleep.  Can anyone please
> help?!!!
>
> Darrell
>
> Respectfully yours,
> Darrell Gamble
> Database Programmer, Harris Bank

> HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
Are you using axis with JBoss ??

--
Kevin J Citron
Sr. Object Imagineer

Re: Axis set up woes

Posted by optioo <kc...@elp.rr.com>.
Darrell Gamble wrote:

> no, tomcat
>
>  optioo <kc...@elp.rr.com> wrote:
>
>      Darrell Gamble wrote:
>      >
>      > Can anyone help me get set up and going with Axis. Nothing
>      is
>      > working. I've read all everything on the site, books
>      examples,
>      > set environment variables, classpaths up the waazzooo and
>      still to no
>      > avail. I can't get Axis' utilities to do anything at all.
>      The no
>      > class def found error is invading my sleep. Can anyone
>      please
>      > help?!!!
>      >
>      > Darrell
>      >
>      > Respectfully yours,
>      > Darrell Gamble
>      > Database Programmer, Harris Bank
>      >
>      >
>      > HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
>      Are you using axis with JBoss ??
>
>      --
>      Kevin J Citron
>      Sr. Object Imagineer
>      Optimized Objects
>      (915) 565-5777
>
> Respectfully yours,
> Darrell Gamble
> Database Programmer, Harris Bank

> HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
You should be able to simply place the axis distribution
under your Tomcat/webapps hiearachy.
Axis runs as just another servlet. Under that axis distribution.
You should find a WEB-INF dir. You should also find a file named
EchoHeaders.jws there as well. If everything is in the places that
I have descibed. Compiling and running this should produce the
desired results.

import javax.xml.rpc.*;
import javax.xml.namespace.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;

import org.apache.axis.AxisEngine;
import org.apache.axis.client.*;
import org.apache.axis.encoding.*;
import org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.*;
import org.apache.axis.utils.*;

public void testing(){

	String endPoint = "http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws";
			String method = "echo";
			org.ap
			ache.axis.client.Service s = new org.apache.axis.client.Service();
		try {
			org.apache.axis.client.Call call = (org.apache.axis.client.Call)
s.createCall();
			call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(endPoint));
			call.setOperationName(method);
			call.addParameter("op1",XMLType.XSD_STRING,ParameterMode.IN);

			call.setReturnType(XMLType.XSD_STRING);

			String retVal = (String) call.invoke(new Object[]{new String("Thanks
God")});

			System.out.println("Result is " + retVal);

		}
		catch(Exception e1){
			System.out.println("Result is " +e1);
		}