Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "Mitchell Rathbun (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <mr...@bloomberg.net> on 2020/01/31 01:25:42 UTC

Issues with DataRegionMetrics and DataStorageMetrics

I am hoping to periodically print some Ignite metrics to Grafana. I tried printing various DataRegionMetrics and DataStorageMetrics method results and they were not what I expected. For the default DataRegionMetrics (the only one we are using), getName, getOffHeapUsedSize, and getPhysicalMemorySize all return 0, while getOffHeapSize and getTotalAllocatedSize return values that make more sense (200 MB for off heap (what we allocated on start up), and 1.7 GB for total allocated). For DataStorageMetrics, getCheckpointBufferSize, getOffHeapSize, getOffHeapUsedSize, getTotalAllocatedSize, and getWalTotalSize all return 0, which doesn't make sense given we have 1.7 GB data in the cache. Any idea why I am getting 0 for these various metrics? Is there a more reliable way to grab Ignite metrics so that I can publish them to a 3rd party platform?

Re: Issues with DataRegionMetrics and DataStorageMetrics

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mitchell,

It seems that you didn't enable metrics on data storage and data regions.
You can enable it by DataStorageConfiguration.setMetricsEnabled and
DataRegionConfiguration.setMetricsEnabled methods. Also, you can enable it
in runtime by JMX

пт, 31 янв. 2020 г. в 04:25, Mitchell Rathbun (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) <