Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/03 20:58:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r491729 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/database/mod_dbd.c

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 01:19:22AM -0000, chrisd@apache.org wrote:
> Author: chrisd
> Date: Mon Jan  1 17:19:21 2007
> New Revision: 491729

> Log:
> Rename functions and variables for consistency, and move some functions
> around for readability, prior to forthcoming functional changes.

Hiya, there were new warnings in the prefork -Werror build this morning:

mod_dbd.c: In function `ap_dbd_open':
mod_dbd.c:562: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
mod_dbd.c:573: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

joe

Re: svn commit: r491729 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/database/mod_dbd.c

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 07:25:59PM -0800, Chris Darroch wrote:
>    Thanks -- we have a crusty old gcc on one machine, so I didn't notice
> these.  Also, I see that the p variable in dbd_param() is unused in the
> non-threaded version and throws up a warning as well.  With luck this
> should fix the warnings; let me know if otherwise:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=492394

Yup, -Werror is clean again, thanks.

joe

Re: svn commit: r491729 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/database/mod_dbd.c

Posted by Chris Darroch <ch...@pearsoncmg.com>.
Hi --

Joe Orton wrote:

>> New Revision: 491729

> Hiya, there were new warnings in the prefork -Werror build this morning:
>
> mod_dbd.c: In function `ap_dbd_open':
> mod_dbd.c:562: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
> mod_dbd.c:573: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

   Thanks -- we have a crusty old gcc on one machine, so I didn't notice
these.  Also, I see that the p variable in dbd_param() is unused in the
non-threaded version and throws up a warning as well.  With luck this
should fix the warnings; let me know if otherwise:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=492394

Thanks,

Chris.

--