Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by dan <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/02 20:48:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP 151 - Expose Connector type in REST API

hello.

in an attempt to make the connect rest endpoints more useful i'd like to
add the Connector type (Sink/Source) in our rest endpoints to make them
more self descriptive.

KIP here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-151+Expose+Connector+type+in+REST+API
initial pr: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/2960

thanks
dan

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP 151 - Expose Connector type in REST API

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
How about also adding the path from which we loaded the connector (since
users run into issues where they are actually running a different connector
than they think they are running)?

If you think this is too complex or out of scope, no big deal. But it is a
"nice to have" feature.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.
Nice. Thanks!

Posted by dan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
YES PLEASE!

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Both the proposal and PR look good to me.

-Ewen