Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/10/09 20:13:44 UTC

Hadoop board report

Hi guys,

It¹s the time of the year.  We need to write a report about activity going
on in the chukwa community.  Here is the report from last quarter.

CHUKWA

Chukwa is a distributed log collection framework that aggregates logs
from across a cluster into a reasonable number of HDFS files.

Releases:
 * release 0.1.2 on 14/May/2009 with 132 issues
 * currently voting on release 0.2.0 with 56 issues

I will submit the report to Owen on Oct 14th.  Please submit your comments
and reports to me by Oct 13th.  Thanks

Regards,
Eric

Re: Hadoop board report

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks all.  This is the copy I sent to Owen.

The SALSA and Mochi suite of Hadoop log analysis and visualization
tools, built at Carnegie Mellon, have been progressively phased in and
integrated with the Chukwa log collection and processing
infrastructure. The basic analysis and visualization components are
available, and further work is being done to improve the
user-friendliness of operating these added tools, and to improve the
automated manageability for analysis and visualization. This can also
serve as a roadmap for other analysis tools to be integrated with
Chukwa.

Development has been proceeding steadily. Chukwa is substantially
more reliable, flexible and robust than it was a year ago, or even
four months ago.  The system is in production use at UC Berkeley, and
a number of user suggestions have been incorporated. An attempt to
formally release our 0.2 branch stalled, due to lack of PMC engagement.
We intend to release 0.3 in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the report.

Regards,
Eric

Re: Hadoop board report