Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by 李文良 <wi...@is-land.com.tw> on 2017/08/07 08:30:08 UTC

How to config a high availability eventserver for PredictionIO ?

Hi,

EventServer plays a critical role in PredictionIO platform and any abnormal
events on it might cause the system error or halt. We'd like to build up a
high availability (HA) architecture for stability and loading balance in
our production environment. However, I can find out the wanted document
from PIO web site. Could you please share your related experience or any
suggestions for us how to config a HA eventserver ? Thanks.
--
Regards

William Lee

Re: How to config a high availability eventserver for PredictionIO ?

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
A truly HA cluster is often not required depending on what you use it for. Can you share what your application is?

The EventServer in my experience (I wrote the pages references below) has never crashed because of input. I think the only crash modes I’ve seen involved disk full on some service from log accumulation, or too much data accumulated. The EventServer is designed to ignore bad input, not exception out.

If you really do need HA, all services (HBase, HDFS, Elasticsearch, PIO) are designed with their own HA (multi-master, redundant data) configs. You would put the PIO eventserver and predictionserver on multiple machines behind a load balancer for instance.

If you see stoppage due to disk full, you might want to plug those issues because HA won’t help there. Monitoring core/CPU, memory, and disk usage is IMO more important than full HA unless you do indeed have a business critical use for PIO.

On Aug 7, 2017, at 1:39 AM, ROSSI Anthony <An...@sword-group.com> wrote:

Hi,

I think you could use one of the ActionML install docs for this purpose.
For example, you could use this one, and modify it to suit your purpose : http://actionml.com/docs/small_ha_cluster <http://actionml.com/docs/small_ha_cluster>
This one could also be pertinent : http://actionml.com/docs/single_driver_machine <http://actionml.com/docs/single_driver_machine>

Regards,
Anthony ROSSI