Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by user 01 <us...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/19 06:24:16 UTC

Is it safe to remove (pid file folder) /var/run/cassandra

Is it safe to remove (pid file folder)* /var/run/cassandra* if I think it
has got wrong permissions, will it be recreated by process as before ?
folder permissions seem to be incorrect immediately after I installed
dsc20 & due to this  "sudo service cassandra start"  fails saying - "*
could not access pidfile for Cassandra.

So  is it safe to delete pid file folder(*/var/run/cassandra)*  when
cassandra is not running ?

Re: Is it safe to remove (pid file folder) /var/run/cassandra

Posted by Romain HARDOUIN <ro...@urssaf.fr>.
You can remove the pid folder but depending your script
/etc/init.d/cassandra, you may have to create the folder by hand:

# mkdir /var/run/cassandra && chown cassandra:cassandra /var/run/cassandra

Posted by user 01 <us...@gmail.com>.