Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by ヨンニ ベリィストロム <jo...@unigent.jp> on 2010/04/20 08:19:19 UTC

Installation fails

The installation of Shinding fails. Did anyone successfully install it
on Apache/PHP? I use this:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/shindig/shindig/1.1-BETA5-incubating/shindig-1.1-BETA5-incubating-php.zip

The README, under "Installing Shindig" says to unzip the distribution
archive to the web doc root. (I set up a local Apache, with nothing else
in the docroot)

Then the README says "Restart apache, and point your browser to:"

http://<your.host>/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

I point my browser to

http://localhost/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

And get the error below

  Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL
manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
<ma...@localhost>.

    Error 404

localhost <http://localhost/>
04/20/10 15:17:36
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i
mod_autoindex_color

It seems to me that the distribution archive does not match the README.

/Jonny

Re: Installation fails

Posted by ヨンニ ベリィストロム <jo...@unigent.jp>.
Tim Wintle wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 15:19 +0900, ヨンニ ベリィストロム wrote:
>
>> The installation of Shinding fails. Did anyone successfully install it
>> on Apache/PHP?
>>

> Our environment at work is Apache / PHP (using modphp) - and I've got it
> running successfully on various operating systems (all *nix based),
> under Apache 1 and 2.
>
> Have you got your configuration set up correctly on the server? You'll
> need to allowoverrides on that directory, and ensure you've got the
> correct modules loaded.
>
> Tim Wintle

Thank you. I seem to have messed up in the Apache settings. I created a
new VH with the below settings, and 1.1 beta 5 seems to work now.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName shindig
    DocumentRoot "C:/shindig"
    <Directory "C:/shindig">