Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Miguel Figueiredo <ol...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/30 18:53:52 UTC

Tapestry cometd with HTTPS

Hi,

I am testing a Tapestry application with HTTPS configuration.
I did the dev configuration according to the documentation (
https://tapestry.apache.org/https.html)

    public void contributeMetaDataLocator(MappedConfiguration<String,
String> configuration) {
        configuration.add(MetaDataConstants.SECURE_PAGE, "true");
    }

    public static void contributeServiceOverride(MappedConfiguration<Class,
Object> configuration) {
        BaseURLSource source = new BaseURLSource() {
            public String getBaseURL(boolean secure) {
                String protocol = secure ? "https" : "http";

                int port = secure ? 8443 : 8080;

                return String.format("%s://localhost:%d", protocol, port);
            }
        };

        configuration.add(BaseURLSource.class, source);
    }

Additionaly I have added the jetty configuration for SSL.

All the normal requests work fine, but when I do a broadcast with a push
manager, I get the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Symbol 'tapestry-offline.serverName'
is not defined.
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl$SymbolExpansion.expandSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:136)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl$SymbolExpansion.valueForSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:99)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl.valueForSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:214)
    at $SymbolSource_2086fa2c220a.valueForSymbol(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolObjectProvider.provide(SymbolObjectProvider.java:49)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.MasterObjectProviderImpl$1.invoke(MasterObjectProviderImpl.java:52)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:74)
    ... 67 more

Note that this works file with HTTP.

Can someone give me some help?

Best regards,
Miguel

--
Miguel Figueiredo
Software Developer

"I'm a pretty lazy person and am prepared to work quite hard in order to
avoid work."
-- Martin Fowler

Re: Tapestry cometd with HTTPS

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I will look into that.

Best regards,
Miguel

--
Miguel Figueiredo