Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Philipp Dev <e9...@stud3.tuwien.ac.at> on 2004/02/21 01:56:53 UTC

index (add_indexer) and how to change

Hi everyone

First of all, on Marc (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&r=1&w=2)
you can search in the mail archive for everything, apart the word "index" :-),
it's simply ignored.

So maybe my question was already answered before.

In the xindice docs
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-administrator.html#Managing+Indexes

there are a few examples for how to configure an index
by using the command line tool you can do:

xindice add_indexer -c /db/data/catalog -n idindex -p product_id
and
xindice add_collection_indexer -c /db/data/catalog -n idindex -p '*'

so my first question is: what's the difference between add_indexer and
add_collection_indexer .... if there is any?

Second question would be, are there any more command line actions to
manipulate an index?
I only found
"li           Retrieves a list of Indexers on a Collection"
but how about changing or removing an index?

It would be nice if the command line tool could list all available commands.
I'm a bit curious if there are more, than the documented

-----------snip---------
Actions:
    ac           Adds a collection/nested collection
    dc           Deletes a collection/Nested collection
    import       Creates a collection/document from a directory tree
    li           Retrieves a list of Indexers on a Collection
    ad           Adds a document
    ar           Adds a resource
    addmultiple  Adds multiple documents
    dd           Deletes a document
    lc           Retrieves a collection/nested collection list
    rd           Retrieves a document for storage elsewhere
    ld           Retrieves a list of documents in a particular collection
    xpath        Queries a Collection using XPath
    xupdate      Updates a Collection using XUpdate
    export       Exports a collection/document from a directory tree
    shutdown     Shuts down the Xindice Server
-----------snip---------

regards
Philipp

Re: index (add_indexer) and how to change

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Philipp Dev wrote:

>Hi everyone

Hi Philipp,

>In the xindice docs
>http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-administrator.html#Managing+Indexes
>
>there are a few examples for how to configure an index
>by using the command line tool you can do:
>
>xindice add_indexer -c /db/data/catalog -n idindex -p product_id
>and
>xindice add_collection_indexer -c /db/data/catalog -n idindex -p '*'

I don't see such command - add_collection_indexer - I guess these are
leftovers from early days. The only command to add index is add_indexer.

>Second question would be, are there any more command line actions to
>manipulate an index?

Please take a look at config/commands.xml - it should clear all your
questions on the list of available commands. Why some commands are
hidden and some other not - I don't know.

Vadim