Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/03 15:22:07 UTC

Camel Azure component

Hi

I've started prototyping a Camel Azure component [1].

Azure has a number of services, Blob, Queue, Table and File, a lot of
commands, etc.
I'm starting with supporting a Blob Service. Queue service will follow,
and I guess the component will keep evolving to support other services too.

At the moment I have most of the Blob Service commands covered at the
Producer side. I'm not sure Consumer will need to be there given that
Azure Java API only offers an option to download the blobs to an output
stream (file most likely). May be only for getting the attributes if
really needed.

I guess Queue Service will though require a Consumer but that is a stage 2.

I'm using camel-aws component as a source of ideas.

The biggest issue it how to test it. I have several basic 'live' in-only
tests based on the copy from camel-aws/s3 which depend on a live
security key and the connection. Microsoft Azure offers an emulator
which can only be run on Windows. And I'm not keen using a mock client
which can become stale and won't really prove the blob has been uploaded.

I'd like to start with having these tests disabled on the master for
those who are interested to experiment with them using their own live
keys and in meantime I reckon we can either try to encourage the
Microsoft Azure team to release their service emulator for the Linux
platform asap or set up a Camel Windows build and run the emulator
integration test on Windows only.

Thanks, Sergey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-10786

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus

Thanks for the feedback,

On 14/02/17 08:08, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi Sergey
>
> Good to see the commit and glad to hear you get time to work on Apache
> Camel as well.
>
> This a heads up that there has been a community user doing some Azure
> work on a PR
> https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/1213
>
> However there has not been any JIRA or information about what it was
> doing etc. But maybe you could take a look at the PR and see if it
> does something that our code dont do or something.

Right, I was not aware of it, I looked, at the moment there's no
conflict, as I've started with Azure Blob Service and this PR
concentrates on the Queue Service.

I don't know what to do in this case, I guess I will comment in that PR
and invite the PR authors to initiate a discussion on how to add their
code to the camel-azure, looks like it can go in without  the conflict,
may be some coordination will be needed
Example, I started with a

asure-blob://camelazure/container1/blob?someOption

where the account name, the container name and the blob name form the
URI path as opposed to

asure-blob://blob?account=camelazure&container=container1&someOption

as I thought the 1st option was more compact and better conveys the
'must' requirement on the account & container names at least, but it is
a minor style issue...

So I will comment there and lets see what happens

> For the azure component does it work in Karaf? Eg is there a karaf
> feature for it, and can the JARs be installed as bundles. If not we
> may consider having the SMX team create OSGi bundles of those JARs.

Will investigate yes
> Also the component need to be in the apache-camel kit, which you do in
> the parent and apache-camel folder. Just do a git grep for another
> component name and see how its done for that guy.

Sure

Cheers. Sergey

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

wrote:

> Hi Claus, All
>
> Am I actually allowed to commit yet ?
>
> I tried to commit but got an
> "ERROR: Permission to apache/camel.git denied to sberyozkin."
>
> 'git remote show origin' shows I cloned from:
>
> git@github.com:apache/camel.git
>
> Can you please double check the permissions ?
>
> Thanks, Sergey
>

> On 10/02/17 14:40, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>
>> Hi Claus
>>
>> Thanks, I've opened another issue for investigating on how to enable the
>> Azure (integration) tests
>> but I've also realized I do not have a simpler component/endpoint only
>> test, so I'll work on it first and then I will commit
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>> On 10/02/17 12:14, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sergey
>>>
>>> Yeah sure its good to get this out in the hands of the users. If
>>> something is not yet implemented or something we can always state that
>>> in the docs.
>>>
>>> And if there are things you think still must be done its a good idea
>>> to log a JIRA with that.
>>>
>>> For tests we sometimes have a maven profile that runs real integration
>>> tests against an online account or something, and then regular unit
>>> tests for just simpler tests.
>>>
>>> As we have more and more of these it may be worthwhile to look into a
>>> special jenkins job that only runs these integration tests with those
>>> maven profiles enabled.
>>>
>>> But sure feel free to go ahead and get the code into the master branch.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus, All

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey

AW: Camel Azure component

Posted by "Walzer, Thomas" <th...@integratix.net>.
Sergey,

Thanks for the component.
I am really looking forward to the Azure Queue component.

Cheers, Thomas.

Re: Camel Azure component

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi