Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Anchit Jatana <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/29 07:12:27 UTC

Flink-HBase connectivity through Kerberos keytab | Simple get/put sample implementation

Hi All,

I'm trying to link my flink application with HBase for simple read/write
operations. I need to implement Flink to HBase the connectivity through
Kerberos using the keytab.

Can somebody share(or link me to some resource) a sample
code/implementation on how to achieve Flink to HBase connectivity through
Kerberos using keytab for simple read/write (get/put) operation.

Thank you!

Regards,
Anchit

Re: Flink-HBase connectivity through Kerberos keytab | Simple get/put sample implementation

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!

In Flink prior to 1.2, you can use Kerberos with HBase via Hadoop's
mechanism: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-
master/setup/config.html#kerberos

In Flink 1.2-SNAPSHOT, keytabs are installed in the Java security context,
from which HBase can probably pick it up. This is quite new (docs are not
yet updated), I'll let others chime in to add some more details.

@Max / @Vijay do you have any details?

Stephan

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!