Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/13 20:44:20 UTC

Starting over with Continuum on the MyFaces zone

I decided to upgrade Continuum on the zone to 1.1-alpha-1 this
morning... and forgot that this version unpacks to 'continuum' rather
than 'continuum-1.1-alpha-1'.  There's a symlink continuum ->
continuum-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT, so that overwrote the old version that was
running on port 8080.  Oops.

So, let's start fresh!

Continuum 1.1-alpha-1 is running here:
http://myfaces.zones.apache.org:8081/continuum

It's installed at /local/continuum-1.1-alpha-1 (renamed this time...)

The data lives in /local/continuum-data (will make upgrades easier)

Committers are invited to register for an account here:

   http://myfaces.zones.apache.org:8081/continuum/security/register.action

Use your @apache.org userid and email address, (or the email address
in your .forward,) and I'll make you an administrator.

If you know your way around Continuum 1.0 things should seem familiar.
 The biggest change is the addition of project groups, so that the
front page summarizes all groups, and you can click one to see the
list of modules.  The default build definition is 'clean install' so
you'll probaly want to change it to 'clean deploy' at the group level.

So far, I've added Core 1.1, Core 1.2, and Tobago to the new instance.

(BTW, if you want access to the zone itself, write to private@myfaces
and one of the PMC members will send you the information.)

--
Wendy

Re: Starting over with Continuum on the MyFaces zone

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/13/07, Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com> wrote:

> can you add my account bommel to the administrator group, please.

Done, for you (and for Bruno also).

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
:-)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I (Matthias) can also take care (call me Matze ;-))

(again the Matthias vs. Mathias story)

-Matze

On 5/14/07, Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathias or I will take care of this once we're admins;
> I don't think Wendy should have to set up the individual
> projects.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>

> On 5/14/07, Beelen, Marco <ma...@merck.com> wrote:
> > Hello Wendy,
> >
> > While you are working on the build definitions, could you please also
> > look at the publication of the snapshots of trinidad?
> >
> > For more info see:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg37331.html
> >

> > With kind regards and many thanks for you effort,
> >   Marco Beelen

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Starting over with Continuum on the MyFaces zone

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Wendy,

can you add my account bommel to the administrator group, please.

Regards

Bernd

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> Continuum 1.1-alpha-1 is running here:
> http://myfaces.zones.apache.org:8081/continuum

I have some time tomorrow afternoon/evening (GMT -7) to help if
anything remains to be done to get the Continuum instance back where
it was before the upgrade incident.

Please let me know if there's something you'd like me to look at.

Paul, thanks for your feedback in the Continuum JIRA!  I was also able
to point somone in the #continuum irc channel at our instance as a
running example for a presentation he was making.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Thanks Grant.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

--
Grant Smith

Re: Starting over with Continuum on the MyFaces zone

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wendy,
Please add me, paulsp, to the administrator group.

Thank you,

Paul Spencer

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
And another admin for awiner?