Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Ferindo Middleton, Jr" <fm...@verizon.net> on 2004/12/01 05:53:52 UTC

taglibs-mailer1.1 subject body reacts strange to special characters including '&' character

I've been following a bug in the Mailer 1.1 Taglib. It involves how special
characters (example: & (ampersand)) are handled dispatching mail. An
annoying problem I've noticed with this taglib is using special characters
in the subject body like the & (ampersand character), the taglib does
something strange and the users, using MS Outlook email client, end up
seeing  &amp; instead.
At first I thought that the extra amp; that gets added onto the & character
had something to do with the <mt:message type="html">
but changing it to <mt:message type="text"> causes the subject to do the
same thing when handling the & character.

There are some posts in the bug database that seem to catch onto this
problem a little bit but it looks like the problem involves recompiling the
code, etc. which I'm just a regular user and don't know how to do... is
there a quick fix to this annoying bug.

Ferindo
--
Ferindo Middleton, Jr