Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/02/08 11:11:52 UTC

Royale Examples Blog proposal to all the team

Hi,

I want to propose to start introducing some "pearls" (beads? ;)) of quick
knowledge about Royale in our blog (Peter de Haan's flex examples blog
style, remember it?)

*This will make the effect that each post will be published in Facebook and
Twitter and will make us to be "on the air" and reach more people that
would eventually join us. Is not only about make it easy to learn Royale,
but to make people out there know us!)*

To make this happen I propose to publish one tiny example each 2 weeks, and
each time from a different team member.

Since we are around 10-15 people supporting this project, we can make
calendar with publish dates, so we all know when we must publish.

In this way each one will be publishing each 6 month (approx.), and I think
this is very affordable for all of us

what do you think?

(btw, we can introduce the content in WP and schedule for publication the
day and hour we want, and then make it live royal.a.o)

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Royale Examples Blog proposal to all the team

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jason!, I just implemented in pre and its working, I'll be pushing
live with some other fixes soon. Thanks! :)

Posted by Jason Guild <ja...@alaska.gov>.
Carlos:

Posted by Gabe Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Looks great!

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

please write me offline and let me know what email account you prefer to
change it.

About scheduling: I think we have lots of time between one post and another
(around 6 months), and people can make more than one if they want. Or make
one to post, and few days make another if they want. Posts will be drafts
and can be published when we want (taking into account our schedule)
About contributors, I already said that others outside the team can post as
well, so that option is open.
But as well, I like your idea of asking here if we need to post something.
As well, maybe some weeks we could stop publishing. I think we must take
this with some schedule to guide us, but as an OS project, we are ready to
postpone it if we need it.

About what to write. We are all day working with Royale. Know many things
about how things are done. Here we want to share tips, few lines of code
that shows something running that is simple. For example, some days ago,
Peter post a mail on how to make absolute positioning with and without
scrolling. That was two snippets of code. I think that fits. perfecly.

Is the same Peter Dehaan did with blog flex examples. And that makes people
trying to start with royale more ready to learn and use it.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Olaf

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

I like the idea. I think I will join to the effort with something. :)

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Royale Examples Blog proposal to all the team

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Harbs,

you're right, we must put a "viewer" with results. I'll look how to do it
and update the hello world with that.
thanks

About calendar I sent invitations but maybe I use user for you didn't reach
the notification I'll try to sent the url to you right now

Posted by Gabe Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Piotr :)

Posted by Gabe Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.