Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Levent Guendogdu <l....@feature-it.com> on 2003/07/28 17:57:59 UTC

Bootstrapping James from "other server containers"

Hi all,

I hope this is not a FAQ. I've played with James a bit. IIRC, there are
two main ways to bootstrap it. We have our own application server which
contains any number of services. Now I need to bootstrap James from
within that application server.

I've looked into the Jame's Main class, but it seems it's not meant to
be bootstrapped from there.

Could anyone give me a quick hint of what would be a good approach to
bootstrap James from within another java application?

Thanks a lot.

Bye,
 Lev.

RE: Bootstrapping James from "other server containers"

Posted by Levent Guendogdu <l....@feature-it.com>.
Thanks for your reply. Its our own framework we are using for our
applications. This framework has the ability to run services and I want
to implement a service adapter for James. I'd simply like to have more
control over James than simply "starting run.sh" from that adapter. But
the "problem" is of how to bootstrap James programmatically.

I see the problem with running too many thingies inside one JVM,
especially when it comes to 3rd party libraries and the version hell.
But since I also plan to use mailets to interface with our application,
I'd like to go this way for now.

Thanks for any pointers,

Lev.