Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas BELLEMBOIS <th...@univ-rennes1.fr> on 2004/09/06 15:45:01 UTC

Roles and groups - group in another group

Hello !

I would like to create groups and subgroups on my Slide server.
For example :
GroupA > userA userB
GroupB > userC GroupA
GroupC > GroupA GroupB
Is it possible ?
I have tried using roles but without success. Roles are very similar to
group because of the "group-member-set" property. Is there a difference
with groups ?
Thank you for your help.

Thomas.

--
BELLEMBOIS Thomas
CRI, Université de Rennes 1

Re: Roles and groups - group in another group

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Slide has the concept of nested roles. I haven't played with it, but
there's a setting in Domain.xml to control it. Not sure if it works or
not, but it might be worth trying.

-James