Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/19 21:48:20 UTC

Can we autoscale Storm?

Having trouble finding information on this, not to say it isn't out there.

I want to know the effects of autoscaling storm?  Can I bring workers up
and down as needed and the system will not lose any data or break anything
in progress?  Is there a remove worker procedure for a worker that is
active?

I want to know if I can put storm in an autoscaling group on aws and forget
about it.  I see adding a new node is pretty easy since it does
self-discovery. LIterally launching an image of a worker I have is all I
need to do to add a new worker, which makes this perfect for autoscaling.

Thanks!

Re: Can we autoscale Storm?

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.
Or, what happens if I remove a worker from storm? Will it handle worker
failures?