Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by TonyTheFish <to...@gamesys.co.uk> on 2008/01/22 18:49:36 UTC

Is it possible to use polymorphic types in a REST endpoint?

I am working on a proof of concept application that uses cxf and jaxb.  What
I want to do is feed parameters of type FooA, FooB, FooC to an endpoint that
accepts Foo (superclass) objects.  Something like this:

        @HttpMethod("POST")
	@ProduceMime("application/xml")
	@UriTemplate("/foo/")
	public Response addFoo(Foo foo) { ... stuff ... }

No matter how I manipulate the jaxb annotations on the Foo hierarchy I
cannot persuade addFoo() to accept a FooA object.  Is this even possible?