Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2001/03/15 23:31:07 UTC

getXMLDecl()

Hi,

I'm one of the developers on the xerces-p project, which I'm happy to
say is finally alive and kicking again. We're about to make a release
for xerces-c1.3, and shortly thereafter for xerces-c1.4.

I was in the process of fixing up some of the example scripts that Tom
Watson had written for the 1.1 interface, when I noticed that there
was no DOM_Document::getXMLDecl() method. This is not specified by the
DOM, but it is a nice function that other API's provide.

Is there some reasone why it was not done for Xerces?

Thanks,
jas.