Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yura Smolsky <in...@altervision.biz> on 2005/04/06 13:39:24 UTC

Re[4]: exact match

Hello, Erik.

I have very large index (200Gb) with big amount of documents.
I have field "author", which stores name and this fields is tokenized,
indexed, stored.

This field contains values of following examples:
"John"
"John Doe"
"Bill"
"Bill Gates"

I do not want to reindex all documents again. and I want to search by
this fields with exactly search. Like if I search "John" then it will
return documents with fields "author" containing phrase "John" only
and not "John Doe". Now it returns all combinations with word John and
I just want to have documents with the word "John" only.

Solution might not simple, but I can manage that. I cannot manage
reindexing all documents again. :)

Does it clear to you?

>> EH> Use an untokenized field to search on in the case of finding an
>> exact
>> EH> match.
>>
>> And no other ways to reach this?

EH> Not that I know of.  Could you give us a more concrete example of what
EH> you're trying to achieve?

EH>         Erik

Yura Smolsky.