Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 18:43:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.38.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.38.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.38.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12344251

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.38.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.38.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 at 18:43, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.38.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.38.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12344251
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.38.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to check licence headers in source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master using the staging repo and ran the systests.
- Built ActiveMQ 5.x master using the staging repo and ran the AMQP tests.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master using the staging repo, ran the AMQP tests
  (3 tests failed, but did the same before the change already).
- Built and ran the HelloWorld example from the binary archive.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.38.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 11/12/18 1:43 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.38.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.38.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12344251
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1161</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.38.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Inspected archives for license and notice files
* Checked packaged sources for license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the test suite
* Built Apache ActiveMQ 5.x and ran the AMQP tests
* Built Apache Artemis and ran the AMQP integration tests, no new failures
* Built the example HelloWorld and ran it against an Artemis broker
instance.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.38.0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 ... I used the staging repo and run the client against Qpid C++ broker.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* ran apache rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn
verify with Java 1.8.0_181-b13 on Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* ran Broker-J's JMS integration test suite (mvn clean verify
-DskipTests=true -DskipITs=false) against the staged Maven artefacts

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1