Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by "Nayak, Narayana" <na...@thomson.com> on 2004/09/13 16:06:36 UTC

Apache proxy 2.0.48 caching issue

Hello,

We are seeing a caching issue with 2.0.48 proxy. After the expiry (stale
content) apache proxy start sending 404 HTTP Not Found response for the
cached contents. There is no garbage collection logic too. Is there a fix
already available to this? If not, when would it be available? We need it
very urgently. Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Narayana Nayak

Re: Apache proxy 2.0.48 caching issue

Posted by chris <ch...@ia.gov>.
Thank you for the response Graham,

I will direct future mod_cache queries to that list.

It's certainly possible I was in the wrong spot.  I was a bit lost out
there.  Here is the area of CVS I have been digging around for info in:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/cache/

If there is somewhere else where I need to be looking to try out the
latest fixes, I would be grateful if you could direct me there.  I'm
very anxious to get caching back on.  It really reduces the number of
inbound connections to the real servers from my reverse proxies.

Thanks much,

chris rhodes

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by chris <ch...@ia.gov>.
I see this as well in 2.0.50.  I took a look in cvs and did not see much
new with mod_cache in around 7 months.  I'm guessing this is a problem
with it and not really mod_proxy so this will likely fall on deaf ears
here on this list.  It does however have  a great impact on the
usefulness of mod proxy.  Especially when used as a reverse proxy.  --
I've had to turn it off for now and just through some more hardware up
to mitigate the problems.  I'm looking for third party patches to
mod_cache with fixes.  No luck yet.

Good luck, I'll let you know if I find a solution.

chris rhodes