Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Saurabh Suman <sa...@rediff.com> on 2009/07/27 08:34:23 UTC

How to index other fields in solr

I am using solr for searching.I used the class SolrIndexer.But i can search
on content only?I want to search on author also?How to index on author?

Re: How to index other fields in solr

Posted by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com>.
Wouldn't that be using facets, as per
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin

Re: How to index other fields in solr

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 09:34, Saurabh Suman<sa...@rediff.com> wrote:

> I am using solr for searching.I used the class SolrIndexer.But i can search
> on content only?I want to search on author also?How to index on author?

You need to write your own query plugin. Take a look at query-basic
plugin under src/plugin.

Doğacan Güney