Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/31 14:44:06 UTC

How to check what is the log directory for container logs

Hi,

  Is there a way to check what is the log directory for container logs in
my currently running instance of YARN from the command line, I mean using
the yarn command or hadoop command or so?

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: How to check what is the log directory for container logs

Posted by Haiyang Fu <ha...@gmail.com>.
1.change to the nodemanager log dir   according to yarn-site.xml
<property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs</name>
     <value>/path/to/hdfs/nodemanager_log/</value>
    <description>the directories used by Nodemanagers as log
directories</description>
                                               </property>

2. find the running application id and the AM node location
yarn application -list

3.ssh to the node and change to the relative dir

BTW, if you have set some log4j property, maybe you can directly check the
log by yarn commands,

Posted by Haiyang Fu <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haiyang Fu <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haiyang Fu <ha...@gmail.com>.