Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/10/09 12:55:56 UTC

Re: CVS 1.9 released (fwd)

Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Let me know if there's a desire to have this implemented on hyperreal.

I'm particularly keen on Win95 client access - for reasons which should be
obvious. It has to interoperate with older version (which it implies it does
but should probably be tested before going ahead) - but apart from that...

Wonder if the Win95 client is SOCKSified?

Cheers,

Ben.

Problem with mod_rewrite and SSL

Posted by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk>.
I have discovered that external redirections don't seem to work quite
right with SSL and mod_rewrite.  For example, suppose I request

https://server/foo/bar

and in htaccess I have

RewriteRule bar bar.html [R]

Then the server redirects me to http://server:443/foo/bar.html
(on an ordinary server I get the correct redirection), instead of
https://server/foo/bar.html

At a guess it is assuming http and 80 as the defaults.  I hope this
isn't too difficult to mend.  I can't see how I can do it without
specifying the method and port explicitly in the htaccess file
(something I'd like to avoid)

Mike