Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by George Ng'ang'a <gk...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 13:26:43 UTC

Share product

Somebody simplify for me how to work with share product.

My Situation:
Client deposit 1000 every month, and every end year there is a share divinded % which is issued against total deposit less share capital amount.

Re: [Mifos-developer] Share product

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi George,

Right now dividend calculations are based on the accumulated shares a
client owns relative to the total shares issue. Dividends are then posted
to a client's linked savings account.

Currently we don't have any functionality to automate purchase of shares
via a standing instruction so right now if you wanted to have a 1000 goes
into the share account each month, you'd have to do it manually. You would
first create the share product, open a share account for the client, and
then each month you could purchase/apply for additional shares in the
amount of $1000. Dividends can then get calculated and posted for whatever
period you'd like.

If you need support for standing instructions from a savings account to a
share account, to enable this recurring shares producxt, we can explore how
much effort that would take to build.

Ed

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:26 AM, George Ng'ang'a <gk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Somebody simplify for me how to work with share product.
>
> My Situation:
> Client deposit 1000 every month, and every end year there is a share
> divinded % which is issued against total deposit less share capital amount.

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative