Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "dengjh@udcredit.com" <de...@udcredit.com> on 2016/09/08 09:00:18 UTC

table render string to long

hi team,

I am a new user of zepplin. I used psql to get data from impala. I can get data successful, but the type of String was rendered to Long as below.
The event_time should be String, but now it's long. Is it a bug? If not, can you give me some advice?

杭州有盾网络科技有限公司
HANGZHOU UDCREDIT NETWORK TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.

部门:  数据应用技术部
姓名:  dengjunhua
手机:  15158114898
邮箱: dengjh@udcredit.com

Re: Re: table render string to long

From: Corneau Damien
Date: 2016-09-08 17:20
To: users
Subject: Re: table render string to long
Hi dengjh,

It seems to be an effect of a recent commit that try to detect Numbers.(https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1371)
I think this PR https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1363, would be able to fix this issue as it would allow users to specify the type by themselves.

However keep in mind that this behavior is only applied in the Table, and the value should be as a string in charts

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi dengjh,