Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Scott Weber <sc...@sbcglobal.net> on 2014/01/28 23:53:40 UTC

Using filters

I am going through many of the tutorials for design docs, and trying various things.

I saw that filters are used in replication, but it is correct that a "filter" cannot get accessed via a URL, like other handlers?

Given the design doc filter below:
{
   "_id": "_design/showme",
   "_rev": "9-8d74f29a2890e402275a54f5b17997fd",
   "filters": {
       "useit": "function(doc, req){...}"
   }
}
  (yes there is really a function provided, edited for content)

And attempting to run the filter using this:
http://localhost:5984/db/_design/showme/_filter/useit

Returns the following:
{"error":"not_found","reason":"missing handler: _filter"}

This URL structure works for shows, views, lists which are all accessed through this "handler".  Why the difference?

-Scott

Re: Using filters

Posted by Scott Weber <sc...@sbcglobal.net>.
Cool.  Thanks.

Filter functions are applies on changes feed and are not accessible
for direct requests:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/api/database/changes.html#filtering
--

Re: Using filters