Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by St...@wellsfargo.com on 2008/09/09 21:50:56 UTC

Setting service scope on JAXWS service

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Axis2.  I'm trying to convert a JAX-WS service that
originally ran on the Sun JAXWS reference implementation to run using
the JAX-WS deployer on Axis2.  It's annotated using JAX-WS and JSR-181
annotations.

Here's the problem: the service is a stateful service that is intended
to run in application scope.  It looks like the services.xml file is
ignored when deploying an annotated class to the servicejars folder.  Is
there an easy way to specify that I want application scope (via
annotations) instead of request scope?  Thanks!

Steve

Steve Park, CISSP

Wells Fargo Auto Finance

Strategic Workflows Team, Web Developer

Phone: 801.246.0087

Fax: 801.246.0180

Cell: 801.674.9091

Email: steve.park@wellsfargo.com

Recognize a TIG/WFFIS/CSSO Team Member today!
<http://wfspeopleportal.homestead.wellsfargo.com/portal/site>

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Setting service scope on JAXWS service

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Steve,

I do not believe that there is anyway to do this at the moment. Please
raise a JIRA issue [1] so that the requirement is not lost.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

<St...@wellsfargo.com> wrote on 09/09/2008 20:50:56:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I?m fairly new to Axis2.  I?m trying to convert a JAX-WS service
> that originally ran on the Sun JAXWS reference implementation to run
> using the JAX-WS deployer on Axis2.  It?s annotated using JAX-WS and
> JSR-181 annotations.
>
> Here?s the problem: the service is a stateful service that is
> intended to run in application scope.  It looks like the services.
> xml file is ignored when deploying an annotated class to the
> servicejars folder.  Is there an easy way to specify that I want
> application scope (via annotations) instead of request scope?  Thanks!
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Park, CISSP
> Wells Fargo Auto Finance
> Strategic Workflows Team, Web Developer
> Phone: 801.246.0087
> Fax: 801.246.0180
> Cell: 801.674.9091
> Email: steve.park@wellsfargo.com
>
> Recognize a TIG/WFFIS/CSSO Team Member today!
>
> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
> addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action
> based on this message or any information herein. If you have
> received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately
> by reply email and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.