Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@apache.org> on 2019/12/11 13:02:40 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 Release Candidate 1

Dear OpenMeetings Community,

I would like to start a vote about releasing Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 RC1

Main changes are:

Release 5.0.0-M3, provides following improvements:

his release provides WebRTC audio/video/screen-sharing in the Room
IMPORTANT: Java 11 is required
Flash plugin is no more required in the browser

Backup/Restore:
* Multiple issues with restore were fixed
* Confirmation of backup import was added
* File/recording hashes are preserved when possible

White board:
* Document upload/conversion is improved
* Whiteboards are not auto-created on room enter
* Keyboard shortcut for quick poll is added

Room:
* User list is now sorted

Audio/Video:
* Multiple issues with audio/video/screen sharing are fixed

Please NOTE: this version might be not production ready

Some other fixes and improvements, 36 issues were addressed

Readme: https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/5.0.0-M3-RC1/README.md

Changelog: https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/5.0.0-M3-RC1/CHANGELOG.md

List of fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312720&version=12345741

Release artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/5.0.0-M3/rc1/

Maven Staged repo:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapacheopenmeetings-1045/content/

Tag: https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/tree/5.0.0-M3-RC1

PGP release keys (signed using 8456901E):
https://www.apache.org/dist/openmeetings/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote is +1.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm closing the VOTE

It was successful
4: +1 Maxim Solodovnik, Alvaro Bustos Ruiz, Daniel Ascher, Peter Dähn
None 0 and -1

Thanks for your votes!

I'll finalize the build and will send an announce

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
+1

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
+1

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
Click here to schedule a phone call with me.
<https://www.aplustutoring.com/meetings/aplusadmin/phone-call>
Sign Up for A+ News and Test Prep Tips!
<http://aplustutoring.com>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
+1