Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kamil Libich <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 19:01:53 UTC

Copy across repositories

Hi,

I was given an assembly which comes from different repo to be used in
my project. I added the assembly to my repo writing in comment field
the source of origin.

However, is there any other way to copy/link the assembly along with
putting the information in the 'Copied  from' field - as the 'Copied
from' appears when I do the branch - instead being forced to put the
comments about source of origin in the Comments field? Can I edit the
'Copied from' field manually?

At this occasion I don't want to use the externals feature.

Kamil

Re: Copy across repositories

Posted by Andreas Stieger <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

On 07/07/14 18:01, Kamil Libich wrote:
> I was given an assembly which comes from different repo to be used in
> my project. I added the assembly to my repo writing in comment field
> the source of origin.
>
> However, is there any other way to copy/link the assembly along with
> putting the information in the 'Copied  from' field - as the 'Copied
> from' appears when I do the branch - instead being forced to put the
> comments about source of origin in the Comments field? Can I edit the
> 'Copied from' field manually?

No. Cross-repository copies will appear as adds. The "Copied from"
output is not an editable meta data field but the manifestation of the
internal shallow copies only possible within the same fs.

The vendor branches method may fit your use case.

With kind regards,
Andreas Stieger