Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Bonnecaze <DB...@Cornell-Mayo.com> on 2001/08/23 14:57:48 UTC

Xerces Memory Use on windows 2000 platform

I am using Xerces 1.5.1 and find that quite a bit of memory is used and
retained when parsing an xml file.

The file I am using is about 1.6 meg and running a short program that only
parses the file the memory usage is about 24 megs.  This is in release mode.

Does this seem correct?  Should I be expected much greater memory
efficiency?  Does it make a difference with the depth of the elements in the
tree?

The simple program I wrote to test this is as follows.  The Sleep statement
is so I can get a size reading when in release mode.  I am using the Task
Manager to see how much memory the processes is using.

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
	DOMParser* parser = new DOMParser;