Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/02/09 22:48:21 UTC

Non-apache releases and old releases

HI,

i was looking at the releases here [1] and not there was two unapproved releases made after you entered incubation dubbo-2.6.1 and dubbo-2.5.10. 2.6.1 has come up in conversion on this list before but not the previous release.

It not clear on the GitHub page what isn Apache release and what is not. I think it would be a good idea to changing the names of the pre Apache and unofficial releases to make that clear.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases

Re: Non-apache releases and old releases

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
We should make it public every time when we publish artifacts to the public
repository, even there's nothing change from the source but other
irrelevant problem like maven issue.

Thanks,
-Ian.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Non-apache releases and old releases

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:32 AM Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are some unapproved releases (0.2.0, 0.1.1, 0.1.0) on the incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project.
> We need to address them at the same time.

I have updated the Apache releases with prefix
apache-dubbo-spring-boot-starter- for 0.1.2 and 0.2.1.

The 0.2.0, 0.1.1 release plan has been discussed in [1] but the
remaining process did not follow ASF release policy.
I have spotted it in [2], we should follow the process in the next releases.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2c1e9b319ee17e75bed29be59fd735ebd89ae04ca2681209e7baebc6@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f20ed5c1732c8bf4e9852a6dd5188fc58d262c3f1e42b2958eeb6fb2@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[3] http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/alibaba/boot/dubbo-spring-boot-starter/

Posted by Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Just come back from Chinese Spring Festival. I have renamed all releases
> after 2.6.1 so now they have the prefix of apache-dubbo to distinguish from
> the previous releases, for example: from dubbo-2.7.0 to apache-dubbo-2.7.0.

That will cause less confusion with user of Apache Dubbo.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Non-apache releases and old releases

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.