Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Newman <dn...@maraudingpirates.org> on 2005/07/02 15:38:09 UTC

Unauthorized users get 403

I have setup an application in tomcat 5.5.9 with FORM based
authentication.  Everything works, however, I've noticed that if a user
successfully authenticates, but is not authorized by being in the
specified role, they get the 403 not authorized page.  I would prefer
they just get the login page again.  Is this possible?

-Dave

Re: Unauthorized users get 403

Posted by Hardik Tank <ha...@yahoo.com>.
you can configure web.xml file with following entry,

<error-page>
  <error-code>403</error-code>
  <location>/errorPage403.jsp</location>
</error-page>

you can show proper error message in errorPage403.jsp
page or if u want to show login page then put
'login.jsp?error=403' as location and handle the
passed parameter in login.jsp page

Rgds,
Hardik