Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ls...@gcr.com on 2001/03/02 21:40:25 UTC

Using Arrays in html:text property

- I have a Form bean that has these attributes:
   -  SubForm subForm[ ]
   -  SubForm subFormOne
   -  String stringAttribute[ ]

- The SubForm bean has these attributes
   -  String stringAttribute[ ]
   -  String stringAttributeOne

In my JSP,  I have the following tag to which I am getting my favorite
"ServletException : runtime failure in customer tag 'form'" error:

Interestingly, I have succesfully used other scenarios involving arrays :
1)   <html:text property="stringAttribute[0]" size="32"/>
2)   <html:text property="subFormOne.stringAttribute[0]" size="32"/>

The problems seems to be in accessing an attribute within a bean array?
array[ ].attribute
Has anyone seen this problem or know of this limitation in arrays within
Struts?
Thanks for any advice,
Lisa